Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Triple your Art budget with the Square 1 Art fundraiser

A neat thing happened when an art teacher with 1000 plus students did the Square 1 Art fundraiser for the first time!

Her Art Budget Tripled!

I don’t know why I've never considered doing a Square 1 Art school fundraiser before this year...it has tripled my district art budget and has given me a gift to give back to our school and community with our new permanent tile wall collection!
Students and their future children can come back to our school and enjoy seeing their parent's artwork up on our school walls for years to come!”

~ Cindie Onofre, Art teacher, Beard Elementary School, Texas




 Mrs. Onofre with her art students!

What Cindie would love to tell other art teachers about Square 1 Art!

Cindie:  I have already mentioned on Facebook to an Art Teachers’ group about how successful the Square 1 Art fundraiser is and have texted other art teachers in our district.  The kids and staff loved the stickers “sooo” much that they gave their teacher stickers to use to make cute colorful clipboards, colorful canvases, and even colorful garden stepping stones.


What they loved about the Square 1 Art fundraiser!

The students and parents loved this year’s Square 1 Art project and loved being able to use markers on it! They also loved the free stickers and multiple products that they had the option of ordering. As for me, as an art teacher and a parent at my school, I absolutely loved the tile wall installation and being able to see my child's artwork on the wall permanently displayed for years to come!!!


  
  
Cindie Onofre, and daughter, Kambrie Onofre with her art!                         


“I absolutely love teaching art at Beard Elementary School and love the amount of talent the students at Beard possess! They are the reason why I love to teach art because I love showcasing their amazing artwork around the city of San Antonio.”
~ Cindie Onofre, Art teacher, Beard Elementary School, Texas




How she decided on the art creation

Cindie:  I gave several classes the chance to draw something that they enjoyed doing in my art class throughout all the years they had been attending our school. Other younger classes I used old lessons and some lessons I found off my Pinterest boards as I am a member of Pinterest.


Cindie’s special class promotion

Cindie:  I offered an ice cream float party for the top selling class! I went ahead and actually chose two classes to win the ice cream float party:  Mrs. Blanca’s 3rd grade class and Mrs. Kline’s 2nd grade class!


How Cindie plans to spend her Square 1 Art funds!

Cindie:  In the past I was able to use the monies that were raised from art fundraisers for purchasing clay, glazes, canvases, acrylics and a lot of other high priced items that I'm not able to buy with my district art budget. ~ This year I will use my funds raised to purchase more items for making three dimensional art with the students and possibly some new smocks, more clay, glazes, yarn, glue etc.


Where Cindie went to school

Cindie:  I attended Texas Tech University and graduated with a BFA in 1995. I then went to The University of Texas at San Antonio where I received a Post Bachelor’s Degree for teaching art and have taught digital art at San Antonio College, middle school art in East Central District in San Antonio and now teach elementary art in Northside Independent School district where I've been teaching for the past 14 years, 18 years total in teaching years.


Contributed by Guest Blogger Cindie Onofre, Art, Beard Elementary School, Helotes, Texas with Senior Account Manager, Square 1 Art, Suzanne Liszt


Click here to request more information about Square 1 Art fundraisersNow is a great time to sign up for Fall 2014 or Spring 2014 to get the best dates for your school while still available!

No comments:

Post a Comment